[OpenSER-Devel] Fw: SCTP port binding problem (urgent )

Nakshatra Gupta nakshatra.gupta at tcs.com
Wed Jan 23 04:42:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have also encountered the same error of port binding problem .

But thenAs superuser (root) I ran the following command:

setsebool -P named_write_master_zones true

And restarting netwrok service after that .

This command was posted on the forum --  "
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-58811.html"

I tried with differnet ports with UDP and TCP and it worked fine .

But when i tried it with SCTP , following error was encountered .

ERROR:core:sctp_server_init: socket: Socket type not supported [94]

The log for the same is attached .

[attachment "Socket not supported error.txt" deleted by Nakshatra
Gupta/DEL/TCS]

Looking for a quick help

regards,
Nakshatra Gupta

Assistant system engineer
Tata Consultancy Services
Cell:- 9873339863
Mailto: nakshatra.gupta at tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.   IT Services
                        Business Solutions
                        Outsourcing

J Bhanot <j.bhanot at tcs.com>
Sent by: devel-bounces at lists.openser.org
01/22/2008 08:00 PM

devel at lists.openser.org
cc

Subject
[OpenSER-Devel] SCTP port binding problem

Hi,

i am working as root in Fedora Core 8....

have installed
lksctp-tools-1.0.6-3.fc7.i386.rpm,lksctp-tools-devel-1.0.7-1.i386.rpm,lksctp-tools-doc-1.0.7-1.i386.rpm,
(i assume only that needs to be done...please correct me if I am wrong
here)

also have inserted sctp module in kernel using modprobe

I am using following command

./openser -l sctp:127.0.0.1:5060

works OK to point where SCTP socket is listening (get the verbose message
from Stack) but at following code in sctp_server.c:

if (bind(sock_info->socket, &addr->s, sockaddru_len(*addr))==-1){
                LM_ERR("bind(%x, %p, %d) on %s: %s\n",
                                sock_info->socket, &addr->s,
                                (unsigned)sockaddru_len(*addr),
                                sock_info->address_str.s,
                                strerror(errno));

it gives the error - Jan 22 17:48:52 [28747] ERROR:core:sctp_server_init:
bind(4, 0x818ce74, 16) on 127.0.0.1: Permission denied

Please find the verbose log

Regards,
jb

and any attachments. Thank you

[attachment "log.txt" deleted by Nakshatra Gupta/DEL/TCS]

ForwardSourceID:NT0000B12E

ForwardSourceID:NT0000B156
and any attachments. Thank you