[OpenSER-Devel] Change Storage Engine of OpenSER MySQL Database

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:40:22 UTC 2008

Hello everybody.

A couple weeks ago, I published a Feature Request at OpenSER tracker, but I
am thinking I forgot to announce it at mail list.

I proposed to change the storage engine for OpenSER tables in MySQL from its
default (MyISAM) to InnoDB. That storage engine offers several advantages
related to performance and scalability, and I think that for the behaviour
would expose a typical openser database, InnoDB would fit better than MyISAM

The feature request is the 1851484, and it includes patches to modify the
scripts which create the tables in database;

Please let me know what do you think about this feature. I would thank any
feedback; this is my first contribution to OpenSER.

Best regards.

Sergio Gutiérrez
EPM Telecomunicaciones S.A. E.S.P.
Medellin, Colombia.