[OpenSER-Devel] libpurple integration problem

Eric PTAK eric.ptak.fr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:35:16 UTC 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm currently making an openser module which act as IM client using
libpurple, the pidgin library. I already posted on pidgin list but I also
try here.

Well, I've started by testing a simplified nullclient (with one hard coded
account) which works fine. I'm now trying to integrate it in an openser
subprocess but it crashes during purple_core_init process with a
segmentation violation signal dropped.

[output omitted]
> (10:04:20) plugins: probing /usr/local/lib/purple-2/ssl.so
> (10:04:20) plugins: /usr/local/lib/purple-2/ssl.so is not loadable:
> undefined symbol: purple_plugin_register
> Jan  9 10:04:20 [8707] INFO:core:handle_sigs: child process 8712 exited by
> a signal 11
> [output omitted]

The first two lines are purple debug, and the third is from openser. Process
with pid 8712 is the one running purple.
One of my theory, is that purple ssl plugin try to load a shared library
already loaded by openser, maybe gnutls ?

About my openser configuration, I've built it from 1.3 sources (without tls)
and I only load those modules :
(in order) mysql, sl, maxfwd, textops, tm, rr, avpops, mi_fifo, usrloc,
registrar, xlog, and of course my purple module.

Thanks for help you should give me ;)

Eric.