[OpenSER-Devel] radius issues in IRC minutes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 22:55:32 CET 2008

On 02/26/08 00:26, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>  > I think my proposal was misunderstood in the first place. By compacting
>  > the RADIUS modules I was not really meaning to remove/merge some of
>  > them, but to collect duplicate code in a single place, and reuse from
>  > there. Also, if we get to the conclusion that it is good to be done,
>  > that does not mean you have to do it :-)
>
> ok, although there is not much duplicated code in radius modules.  there
> is already INIT_AV macro that each of them is using.
>
>  > - in the past, any time when the libradiusclient was updated, all radius
>  > modules were affected (e.g., see commits on SER repository related to
>  > migration to libradiusclient-ng or updates/bugs related to this
>  > library).
>
> yes, there could be one layer of abstraction between radius modules and
> the client library (if it does not mean loosing much performance).

As I committed, I am going to investigate, make a proposal and discuss
to see then the bad/good points.

>  > - there are many radius servers out there, although not requested so
>  > far, in case one wants to add support for other radius server which has
>  > a different client library, lot of duplicate will be required
>
> this one i don't buy, because radius should be a standardized protocol
> on the wire and it thus should not matter, which library one is using to
> speak with which server.

don't sell it either. Jesus Rodriguez was asking Maxim Sobolev is the
new freeradius-client library is going to be generic or very integrated
to freeradius server. I thought there might be some specific
constraints/extensions per radius server.
http://lists.openser.org/pipermail/devel/2008-February/011757.html