[OpenSER-Devel] Head up: perl module fails to build with perl 5.10

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 25 11:24:19 CET 2008

On Friday 22 February 2008, Bastian Friedrich wrote:
> thx for your report.
>
> Something's very strange with the "PERL_SYS_INIT" macro defined by the perl
> headers. Anyway: the argc/argv variables that it takes dont't seem to be
> mandatory; just using "NULL" instead seems to be fine.
>
> Just committed a "patch" for that to svn. Hope this fixes the compilation
> errors.
>
> During fixing this problem, I encountered numerous strange warnings. They
> seem to be irrelevant for the time being.

Hi Bastian,

yes, i've noticed the warnings also:

In file included from perl.h:39, from perl.c:47:
/usr/lib/perl/5.8/CORE/perl.h:1108: warning: redundant redeclaration
of ‘strerror’
/usr/include/string.h:256: warning: previous declaration of ‘strerror’ was
here

This warnings are emitted for the generated perl includes because of
the -Wredundant-decls switch that gets activated some time ago in trunk. It
should be possible to deactivate them in the perl Module makefile, if you
like.