[OpenSER-Devel] RFE: Use of an AVP in radius_is_user_in function.

Sergio Gutierrez saguti at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 19:20:18 CET 2008

Hello everybody.

For a particular implementation of a service on our installation of Openser
1.3, we have in development environment authentication and authorization
based on MySQL, where we are using is_user_in function, passing a uri
defined on an arbitrary AVP; it works fine, as stated on documentation of
group module.

When we port our configuration file to our production enviroment, where we
perform authentication and authorization based on RADIUS, we face a problem
because radius_is_user_in function does not allow an AVP for its first
argument.

Would it not be useful to have that feature which exhibits is_user_in
function ported to radius_is_user_in?

PS: I would like to contribute with this enhancement, but I would like to
have a kind of sponsor, because I am not yet proficient enough in OpenSER
code.

Best regards.

Sergio Gutiérrez