[OpenSER-Devel] RFC: memory management in database modules

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Feb 6 10:18:22 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> > For the VAL_NAMES->s exists the same issue, i'll evaluate if it make
> > sense to introduce a flag for them too.
>
> well...is it needed any altering of the column names? so far I think all
> are static (as returned by driver)

No, i don't think that altering of the colum names is necessary. But Postgres
and db_berkeley does this VAL_NAMES->s copying, i've not investigate dbtext
yet. If this is not necessary even in dbtext, then we could perhaps remove
this completly.

> BTW, do you have any estimation (as time) about the start and end of
> these changes? I plan also some major changes in the DB interaction and
> preferable will be not to overlap ;)

I don't want to rush this type of changes, better to test a little bit more..
But i think i'll be able to finish the first part of this work (for unixodbc,
postgres, mysql) on monday or tuesday next week. Is this ok for you?

In a second part the postgres and db_berkeley driver could be changed to not
do this value coping anymore. This way we don't break to much functionality
at once, the changes could be better reviewed.