[OpenSER-Devel] Short introduction

Maxim Sobolev sobomax at sippysoft.com
Mon Feb 4 22:59:04 UTC 2008

Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi Maxim!
>
> Nice to see you here too.
>
> Maxim Sobolev schrieb:
>> In addition to SER / OpenSER / FreeBSD, I am either active contributor
>> or founder/principal developer of few other opensource projects, such
>> as RTPproxy, Sippy B2BUA and RadiusClient-NG (now FreeRadius-Client).
>

> If I understand correctly, radiuclient-ng is dead and further
> development will happen in FreeRadius-Client. Is this correct?

Sorta. We've recently decided to merge two projects on the basis of
freeradius-client, since those guys are apparently more interested in
moving functionality forward. All radiusclient-ng developers have joined
freeradius-client now, and I've recently merged all latest fixes from
radiusclient to freeradius-client.

I am waiting for the new freeradius-client release now so that I can
switch SER / OpenSER to using freeradius-client. At the moment, the
latest release of freeradius-client lags behind radiusclient in terms of
several critical bugs, so that I don't want to pull the trigger yet.

-Maxim