[OpenSER-Devel] cfgutils hashing file

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Feb 4 09:45:46 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008, Ramona Modroiu wrote:
> I would like to add some new PV and cfgutils seems the right place in
> order to avoid overloading the core. Hope that is ok for you.

Hi Ramona,

sure, any extensions or fixes are of course appreciated.

> While reading the docs, I have seen the new function to hash the config
> file. I do not know if it is a general purpose function to hash a file,
> or it specifically targets openser config file. If second, you can get
> the path from cfg_file variable. There is an issue when the config file
> is not given with absolute path (via -f parameter). OpenSER changes the
> working dir to / if no other value is given and then the cfg_file is
> lost -- probable the core should save initial working directory path to
> solve this.

Well, this function was introduced to hash a config file. I've seen the
CFG_FILE macros, but was not aware of the cfg_file variable. I'll change the
code to use this variable, this is more userfriendly than to specify this
manually. I'll test the special case you've mentioned too.

Thank you for the hint,