[OpenSER-Devel] C Openser Interface

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Feb 1 17:51:45 UTC 2008

On Thursday 31 January 2008, J Bhanot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to connect Openser SIP stack to our Application Server. Our
> Application Server SIP-B2BUA (SIP Back to BAck User Agent) has been
> written in "C".
> Could you please let us know if it is feasible that we can connect our
> Application Server written in "C" with OpenSer using SEAS module.

Hello,

if you implement the protocol that is spoken from SEAS, then this should work
of course. But i do not know how difficult it is to implement this, as i
don't have experiences in this area. Perhaps someone with more SEAS
experience could comment here?

Past attempts to create a parser library from the server core to use
the 'stack' directly in another application don't get very far.

You could also just implement a own module that is interfacing with your own
code, if you need only a few capabilities of OpenSER. This is not that
difficult.

If the B2BUA is not to big, then you could perhaps wrap this completely into a
OpenSER module, as long as you don't redistribute the whole compilation
because of licencing issues.