[OpenSER-Devel] C Openser Interface

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Fri Feb 1 17:26:21 UTC 2008

Hello,

J Bhanot wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We want to connect Openser SIP stack to our Application Server. Our
> Application Server SIP-B2BUA (SIP Back to BAck User Agent) has been
> written in "C".
> Could you please let us know if it is feasible that we can connect our
> Application Server written in "C" with OpenSer using SEAS module.

for another solution you might be also look at the application server
interface to SER called SASI (SER application server interface). Its
implemented on top of a very good performing binrpc protocol for which
the binrpc library is used (works over local and remote stream and
connectionless sockets), and the nice thing is that the application
server can specify which data from the message it wants from SER (by
giving it a list of selects) and already get that pre-parsed as a digest
of the message.

As first open source application, SEMS can use this interface now (see
this post
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/semsdev/2008-January/002015.html ), and
we have been using SER with SASI for SIP stack also in other product
(written in C) with very good results for some time.

I think the main difference is that with SASI you can specify the parsed
message ('digest') using selects, i.e. the headers you want to get
together with what is available as selects in SER, while with SEAS you
always get the whole message (pre-parsed) in the application server.
Another difference might be the process handling and with SASI using the
binrpc protocol you get more options on what kind of socket you use, but
for the specifics I know neither one too well in detail.

Of course you can go for OpenSER+SEAS, I just thought I let you know.

Stefan

> Thanks,
> jb
>
> =====-----=====-----=====