[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] [Serdev] AVPs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:44:46 CET 2008

On 12/16/08 16:33, Jan Janak wrote:
> On 16-12 14:49, Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul wrote:
>
>> On Dec 16, 2008 at 14:39, Jan Janak <jan at ryngle.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>>>>
>>>   It already is, the core contains the core selects and shared parts.
>>>
>> I think Daniel meant moving also the core selects into a select module
>> and leave only the shared part in core (like he did for pvars in k).
>>

>   Would this be a smart thing to do? Lots of modules use or depend on
>   selects. Maybe we could turn it into a library if there is a need to move it
>   away from the core, but I personally would leave it where it is now.

same was in K with PVs, most of modules depend on them. But the core
gets pretty fat over the time will all there. While couple of them are
pretty used, some are not at all. Because there will be pseudo-variables
and selects, with lot of overlapping, keeping in core just the shared
part is an optimal solution.

This step can be done along with integration with PVs (removal of
duplicates), perhaps second release of sip-router.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com