[Kamailio-Devel] How does Kamailio match an ACK for a stateless [3456]XX replied by Kamailio itself?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Dec 15 12:43:34 CET 2008

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> Thanks a lot for pointintg it out, but I don't understant why "To_tag" is
> preferred over "branch".

It is not my impression that the to-tag is compared as such.  Instead,
it appears that a CRC digest of the Via headers is built into the to-tag.

If you look in modules/sl/sl_funcs.c:sl_send_reply_helper() you will see
that calc_crc_suffix() is called there too in the generation of the
reply's to-tag.

So, it appears to me that the to-tag - or some part of it - is in effect
a derivative of the Via values.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems