[Kamailio-Devel] How does Kamailio match an ACK for a stateless [3456]XX replied by Kamailio itself?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Dec 15 12:16:33 CET 2008

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> I just would like to know how Kamailio handles it, just curiosity. Of course,
> the current behaviour seems efficient (Kamailio doesn't need to generate a
> server transaction but at the same time it can absorb the ACK).

I could be wrong, but I would have thought that if a reply is being
generated by Kamailio itself, statelessly or otherwise, then the ACK
would be sent by far the end to the Kamailio host's address in the RURI.
   Whereas an end-to-end ACK is addressed and routed to the other
endpoint as a sequential request.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems