[Kamailio-Devel] $var() and $shv()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:45:47 CET 2008

Hello,

in the way of moving $var(...) to PV module I discovered some other
modules use the $var()-specific structures directly. Some can be updated
to use the setf function from pv_spec_t, the function used by script
interpreter to assign values to PVs (this one is the recommended way, as
it hides the internals of each PV class).

However, $shv() has a bit more complex dependency - the $shv() specs
resides as $var() in a special list until the shared memory (shm) is
initialized - this happen after the config file parsing. Therefore
$var() and $shv() are bound together. $shv() is now in cfgutils module,
I would move the implementation in pv module, does anyone see issues
with that?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com