[Kamailio-Devel] 1.3.2 release, procedures

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Aug 28 11:09:10 CEST 2008

Hi all,

aparently the 1.3.2 release contained two modules, that are not available in
the source tree. This was reported from Peter Lemenkov on the user list, the
two modules in questions are "dialplan", available in 1.4.0, and drouting,
some sort of LCR. I propose that we extend our release procedures a little
bit, to prevent problems like this in the future.

Tarballs should be created in a temporary directory directly from the created
release tag. All released tar.gz files should be hashed with a proper
cryptographic hash like SHA1, SHA256 or similar strength. This hash should be
signed with a release key, which is protected from a passphrase. This all
should be done from a script, to make it repeatable and easy to create a
release.

What do you think, other suggestions?