[Kamailio-Devel] presence/presence_mwi question

Tue Aug 26 15:13:49 CEST 2008

Hi!

I try to understand how presence extensions works, thus I reviewed the
presence_mwi module.

What is the exact purpose? From my understanding it is:
- receive SUBSCRIBEs for MWI and maintain the subscriptions
- receive PUBLISH requests and forward the body in NOTIFYs to the
subscribed user.

Is this correct? Then I wonder why there is no code for dealing with the
subscriptions - is this all done automatically by the presence module?

What If you want to write a "presence_dialoginfo" module which handles
dialog-info (not draft-anil-sipping-bla-03.txt but RFC 4235). The module
could add the "dialog" event to presence module (which should handle
SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY) and register callbacks from dialog module to get the
dialog info. But how can I trigger sending new NOTIFYs with the
corresponding body from within the presenece_dialoginfo module? Can this
be done directly or do I have to use pua module to loop a PUBLISH to myself?

regards
klaus