[Kamailio-Devel] unify memory allocation failure logging

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Aug 26 12:48:49 CEST 2008

Hi all,

our core and the modules logs some errors for memory allocations failures, in
order to inform the user/ admin about this problems. But this messages are
all slightly different formatted, use different wordings and syntax. In some
places also different levels are used.

I thought about integrating this into two functions, that just emmit a log
message, and replacing all custom log messages with this. This would be
cleaner, it would be possible to change all messages/ levels globally, and
also save some space in the binaries, as all this different strings are not
included anymore. I expect no performance problems, as most of the functions
stop execution anyway on allocation problems.

I thought about define them in mem/mem.h:
void pkg_mem_error();
void shm_mem_error();

What do you think about this, does it make sense?