[Kamailio-Devel] sctp for debian kamailio?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:15:30 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 08/25/08 12:08, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Saturday 23 August 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
>
>> is there some reason why packaging/debian/rules does not include
>> possibility to compile kamailio with sctp support?
>>

> Hi Juha,
>
> i don't remember any reasons, perhaps this was simply forgotten?

the support for SCTP was introduced within defines and disabled because
there were no many alternative of testing at that time. Code was
considered in early stage and don't know if someone did extensive testing.

Also, there are dependencies of sctp libraries and I don't know in which
distributions are available. If things have evolved regarding presence
of sctp out there, this should be reconsidered.

> Cheers,
>
> Henning

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com