[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] RFC: branches/location records control

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Aug 22 13:48:42 CEST 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> I am thinking to keep in core
> - avps
> - headers
> - var
> - R-URI, From URI and To URI and destination URI related variables
> - auth tokens (username, realm)

Hi Daniel,

this initial list looks good so far. But why we not move all PVs into the
module, as Juha suggested? Ok, this would be a little more work for the
users, in changing their configuration, but do you see any technical or
maintainance reasons?

> If you think about others that should be in core, please add here. The
> new branch related PV will be in the new module. The target is release
> the core as much as possible, keeping there what is very often used.
>
> As module name, pvcore is an idea -- pseudo-variables related to core
> (as there are PV exported by other modules as well, strictly related to
> that particular modules).

pvcore is not bad, perhaps we can even shorten this to "pv"?