[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] RFC: branches/location records control

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:21:03 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 08/22/08 09:29, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> regarding branch stuff, this is link to my thread about current problems
> with branching, which i consider more important to fix that giving
> pv access to currently (inadequate) branch information:
>
> http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel/2007-August/009043.html
>
> as result of this problem, core functions
> serialize_branches/next_branches are pretty much useless.  is made a big
> hack in load_contacts/next_contacts in order to solve it.

does an AVP being a data structure solve this (if I understood properly
the issue)? Even now, in other cases, working with avps is delicate, for
example when loading multiple columns from database and in a row are
null values -- the result in script gets desynchronized. What I am
thinking here is that a row is loaded in a single AVP that has many
values associated to inner attributes. Loading a branch structure in
such AVP will result in:

$avp(d:xbranch=>uri)
$avp(d:xbranch=>dst_uri)

xbranch is the name of the avp, uri and dst_uri are inner attributes.

Perhaps $avp(d:xbranch) should return a string with comma separated list
of serialized attributes.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com