[Kamailio-Devel] Why $du is set after "lookup(location)" ?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 12:57:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 08/21/08 13:05, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, I've realized that $du (the real destination address) is set after doing a
> lookup("location"). I wonder why, shouldn't be $du computed after the script?

$du is like next hop address. It is set by lookup(location) if the phone
is behind the nat (with the address of the nat router).
> I've a related problem since I do a "lookup(location)" and later I modify $ru
> to deliver the request to other place, but since $du is set the request is
> sent there.

You can reset the $du variable to be safe, but be aware that you may get
issues with users behind nat.

> Also the documentation of "lookup()" method doesn't tell it:
>
>   http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.3.x/registrar.html#AEN342
>      If there are such contacts, Request-URI will be overwritten with the
>      contact...
>   (nothing about $du).
>
> I'm upgrading the $du in the wiki, hops it's correct:
> http://www.kamailio.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/pseudovariables:devel#destination_uri
>
> PD: Could it be added to registrar documentation?

Please add an item on docs tracker. rr module readme should have a
similar note about setting $du (might be already there, though)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com