[Kamailio-Devel] RFC: database interface module infrastructure

Carsten Gross carsten.gross at 1und1.de
Tue Aug 12 12:46:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am Dienstag 12 August 2008 12:26:28 schrieb Henning Westerholt:
> thank you for your comments. I also thought about to generate the
> parameter definitions for the module interface. Another thing that could
> be added is the generation of the documentation for the configuration. I
> did not split it in two files so far because of simplicity reasons for the
> XSL.

A change in the code to only require one change in a source code file for an
added column in the database is a big plus.

This way you get the documentation, the necessary data structures and so on
correct without the possibility to forget something - less bugs, no
repetitive coding.

A small disadvantage is that it is quite uncommon to have typical source code
files autogenerated from xml. An extra warning ("Do not edit this file,
edit ... instead and generate this file with blablubb") should be included in
all autogenerated files, especially if they have a common ending like .h
or .c.

Regards,

   Carsten