[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Patches-2001700 ] TLS module Fails to init on Fedora Core 5.

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 11 09:35:59 CEST 2008

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by miconda
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=2001700&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.2.x

Initial Comment:
After compiling Openser V1.2.1 with TLS.  When starting the server Openser would produce the following logs and failed to start.

WARNING:init_tls: disabling compression due ZLIB problems

ERRRO:init_tls: null openssl compression methods

OS: Fedora Core 5
SSL: openssl-0.9.8a-5.4
version: openser 1.2.1-tls (i386/linux)
flags: STATS: Off, USE_IPV6, USE_TCP, USE_TLS, DISABLE_NAGLE, USE_MCAST, SHM_MEM, SHM_MMAP, PKG_MALLOC, F_MALLOC, FAST_LOCK-ADAPTIVE_WAIT
ADAPTIVE_WAIT_LOOPS=1024, MAX_RECV_BUFFER_SIZE 262144, MAX_LISTEN 16, MAX_URI_SIZE 1024, BUF_SIZE 65535
poll method support: poll, epoll_lt, epoll_et, sigio_rt, select.
svnrevision: unknown
@(#) $Id: main.c 2304 2007-05-25 16:36:07Z bogdan_iancu $
main.c compiled on 20:40:21 Jun 10 2008 with gcc 4.1.1

After some investigation I beleive there is an issue in the logic starting at line 524 in tls_init.c module. This issue will effect version 1.3.x also

After making the attached changes, Openser will start and eyebeam will register successfully using TLS.  Having said this I am not a C programmer and there still looks to be further issues with the logic surrounding compression for TLS when comparing how openser and the openssl modules use OPENSSL_NO_COMP.

Cheers,
Jim