[Kamailio-Devel] Perl module renaming

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Wed Aug 6 09:55:12 CEST 2008

Klaus,

On Wednesday 06 August 2008, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi Bastian!
>
> Could you please rename the perl modules from OpenSER::.... to Kamailio::
>
> I do not have that much experience with perl ...

these renamings will break running installations out there; Perl scripts
include libraries with lines such as
use OpenSER::Message;

As long as we stick with the token "openser" in rare cases for compatibilty
reasons (e.g. db name), one might consider doing the same in the Perl module.
What do you think?

Best regards
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ "I am two fools, I know, for loving, and for saying so."
\          John Donne