[Kamailio-Devel] 1.4.0 release plans, project matters

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Aug 4 11:53:40 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu prepared this fork from Kamailio (formerly known as
OpenSER) since July. This was done secretly, we were not aware of this. We've
all done a great amount of work to resolve the existing trademark issues and
create a better organisational backing for the project. Many contributors
tried hard to improve the quality of the code base, a big number of bug and
documentation fixes were done, doxygen code documentation was greatly
extended.

Because of the project renaming our release schedule needed some adaptions. We
discussed this in the last week on the developer list and found a new release
date for Kamailio [1]. Version 1.4.0 will be released on the thursday, the 7.
august.

Cheers,

Henning Westerholt

[1] http://lists.kamailio.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/014926.html