[Kamailio-Devel] debian lenny's libxmlrpc-c3 version is too new

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Aug 4 10:23:14 CEST 2008

The problem may be different. I did filter out some libs because lintian
was complaining that we were linking against unused libs. The change was
in revision 4528.

http://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openser?view=rev&revision=4528

Revert that and see if it fixes the problem.

As far as I remember, one only needs to link against the libs they use,
and if those libs use other libs in turn, they should be loaded
automatically. Apparently in this case they are not (mi_xmlrpc.so uses
only libxmlrpc.so which uses libxmlrpc_xmlparse.so but apparently
libxmlrpc_xmlparse is not loaded because is not linked in by
mi_xmlrpc.so, even though mi_xmlrpc.so doesn't use it directly)

Maybe there is some flag that needs to be passed on when linking to
trigger this behavior?

On Monday 04 August 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> libxmlrpc-c3 version of debian lenny is 1.06.27.  when i compile
> mi_xmlrpc module, i get warning:
>
> Makefile:46: You are using an unsupported libxmlrpc-c3 version
> (1.06.27), compile at your own risk!
>
> this warning is relevant, because when i try to start the proxy, it
> gives error message
>
> Aug  4 10:05:39 [16925] ERROR:core:sr_load_module: could not open
> module </usr/lib/openser/modules/mi_xmlrpc.so>:
> /usr/lib/libxmlrpc.so.3: undefined symbol: xmlrpc_XML_ParserFree
>
> any suggestions for corrective action?  it would be pity if version 1.4
> of kamailio would not run on debian lenny.
>
> -- juha

Dan