[OpenSER-Devel] TEXT vs BLOB data in database modules

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Apr 21 12:53:49 CEST 2008

On Monday 21 April 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> maybe there is no need for TEXT, but for sure you need some escaping for
> BLOB type - I remember this issue some time ago in the the postgres module.

Hi Bogdan,

correct, the postgres module does the unescaping only for DB_BLOB data, STRING
and STR are escaped, though. According to the documentation its not necessary
to do the unescaping for the retrieval of binary data in binary format, but i
think we're using the text format here. Anyway, its probably not harmful even
if its not strictly necessary. At least the cpl-c modules works now with
postgres.