[OpenSER-Devel] TEXT vs BLOB data in database modules

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 12:54:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

for DB_STRING it has to be checked if all drivers return a null
terminated string, as some just set reference to the value in the
library result and not clone the value.

Otherwise, I would say that the most suitable type in DB api right now
is DB_STR. DB_BLOB is fine as well, mapping over str structure, just a
bit misleading for the potential new developers :-)

http://www.asipto.com