[OpenSER-Devel] Should fixup functons be moved co core?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 12:43:50 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 04/19/08 11:12, Peter Lemenkov wrote:
> 2008/4/19, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com>:
>
>> Peter Lemenkov writes:
>>
>>   > Just wondering why every module developer needs to create its own
>>   > realization of fixup functions for variables transforming?
>>

>> see mod_fix.[h|c] in core.
>>

> Yes, I know about it, but I think this module is still insufficient -
> we still need to substitute pvar in modules with their actual values.

If the fixup function is not something specific for your module and is
used in many modules, then yes, it belongs to mod_fix.{c,h}. There are
some that fixes up PV parameters.

I think you are looking for the complement as well, how to get the value
of a PV. There is such a function in core: pv_get_spec_value(). Also,
there are helper functions that return the value for more complex
structures used in common fixups -- again see in mod_fix.{c,h}.

http://www.asipto.com