[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [3972] trunk

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:05:30 CEST 2008

On 04/03/08 21:25, Dan Pascu wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> there is the option to set the column name via module parameters in
>> siptrace module. Therefore the existing table structure and additional
>> external tools can be kept untouched, just set the parameter in the
>> configuration file.
>>

> Of course, but the table will be created with the new column name, unless
> the db schema is also patched. And the applications using the sip_trace
> table need to be modified as well. That's why I said it is disruptive.

You are right, but we are improving ourselves with the time ... that
column name was prone to this case, it was a bad choice of myself.
Renaming was the solution applied in the past for similar cases. Finding
the least disruptive solution should be a priority, but also clean and
straight environment is important.

One more rule for module developers, if they add new tables, should
check the names of the columns against reserved keywords of the common
database systems -- hope google can give the list :-)

http://www.asipto.com