[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [3972] trunk

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Apr 3 19:45:21 CEST 2008

On Thursday 03 April 2008, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008, Dan Pascu wrote:
> > Why was the date column in the sip_trace table renamed?
> > Such changes are very disruptive.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> because 'date' is a reserved word in oracle [1], and we want to add a
> driver for this DB in the trunk.

Isn't there a way to quote reserved words when used as column names in
oracle? In mysql one can use backticks in case a column name is a
reserved word, like `condition`, while in postgres one can use single
quotes for the same purpose. This would be less disruptive and would
preserve backward compatibility.

--
Dan