[OpenSER-Devel] db problems after restart

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 3 18:43:25 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen writes:

 > after the crash described in previous message, i restarted openser.
 > after that it happily processed a few registers and invites, but then on
 > its own (i.e. syslog does not show any incoming requests) it printed to
 > syslog:
 >
 > Mar 25 21:04:46 test /usr/sbin/openser[17266]:
 > ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_submit_query: driver error on query: Commands
 > out of sync; you can't run this command now

it turned out that this was caused by more than one process sharing the
same database connection.  the culprit was my own local module, but it
is still not clear to me, how one module can make other modules to use
its db connection.

thanks to henning, daniel and anca for helping me to debug the problem.

-- juha