[OpenSER-Devel] serial forking and nat

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Sep 11 19:54:04 CEST 2007

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 > indeed, there is the problem with storing the serial forking information.
 >
 > I will review your idea and comment it in the next days.

bogdan,

you may have noticed that i fixed this problem in lcr
load_contacts()/next_contacts() functions.  load_contacts() now stores
all branch info into a single avp by separating branch attributes with
newline char.  next_contacts() then extracts the attributes from the
string.

while this works it is not pretty nor efficient.  i would prefer a
solution where status info could be associated with each branch
something along the lines that i outlined in my previous message on this
topic.  i actually tried to implement what i proposed, but failed
because contents of branches vector is not stored in transaction state,
i.e., when proxy processes reply, branch info is gone.

-- juha