[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1790628 ] [presence] "server_address" parameter is a limitation

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 8 21:36:50 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1790628, was opened at 2007-09-08 12:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by ibc_sf
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1790628&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
I've a multidomain OpenSer with a table in which I decide with type of SIP messages can be routed from one local or external domain to each local domain (based on message URI).

With this I can implement permissions system inter-domain, and a system similar to XCAP but in server side (with no client requeriments). The client can send a SUBSCRIBE for other domain and OpenSer allows or denies it based on the table content.

But unfortunatelly all my system is "canceled" by the "server_address" parameter:
http://www.openser.org/docs/modules/1.2.x/presence.html#AEN190

This parameter forces OpenSer to send a "Contact" header in 200-OK, so following SUBSCRIBE messages from clients will go to that URI instead of the URI of the "To" header of the SUBSCRIBE message.

Because of it, a initial "SUBSCRIBE" is allowed because I allow SUBSCRIBE from "domain1.com" to "domain2.org":

  SUBSCRIBE sip:user at domain2.org