[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2662] trunk/modules

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Tue Sep 4 10:18:56 CEST 2007

On Monday 03 September 2007, you wrote:
> On Monday 03 September 2007, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> > Well, i don't think introducing a wrapper function for all fixup
> > functions is really pretty.
>
> I disagree. The module is the only one that has (and should have)
> knowledge of which parameter means what. You moved that decision in a
> function that wants to be generic and this created all the mess.

Good morning Dan,

i tried to identify (and fix) some cases of code duplication, that was the
reason that i moved the functions into the mod_fix.h. I don't changed
anything of the functionality. But i understand and agree to you that the
actual situation could be further improved.

> > Perhaps we can introduce a additional
> > parameter to the function interface? E.g.:
> >
> > fixup_str2int(void ** param, int param_no, int expected_param_no)
> > and return an error if param_no > expected_param?
>
> Then what about a function that receives 2 parameters, a str and an int
> which both need conversion from char* to str respectively int? Will you
> write another special conversion function to handle both arguments? What
> if the function changes and receives the int on the first position and
> the string on the second? How many conversion functions will we need to
> cover all cases?

At the moment most of the modules implement their own fixup functions. If
there is any "mess", than its in my opinion this practice.