[OpenSER-Devel] add lock in AVP

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Oct 31 10:09:37 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007, Di-Shi Sun wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> Is anyone interested in adding a lock in AVP? We found it is necessary to
> do it in core or avp module instead of in our module. The reason is we
> cannot destroy the locks in our module. In fact, FAST_LOCK does nothing to
> destroy a lock. But other lock mechanisms may want to destroy the locks.
>
> We had tested adding FAST_LOCK type locks in our AVPs. It worked fine (no
> crash, no dead lock, no race condition again) for our test cases.

Hi Di-Shi,

where do you exactly add the lock? In the tm module, or in the AVP list
implementation? Could you please post a patch of the changes you did, so i
can take a look?

We've tried to implemented a bugfix too, but it don't seems work for all our
test cases yet. It would be really nice to have a fix for this problem in the
trunk.

Thank you,