[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1819835 ] [imc] Allow DB realtime

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 25 08:33:22 UTC 2007

Bugs item #1819835, was opened at 2007-10-25 09:33
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1819835&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver devel

Initial Comment:
imc module uses DB tables just to store "room" and "member" after OpenSer is stopped. And when OpenSer start the data is moved from DB to memory.

It's makes not possible to manage rooms from an external app (a a web app managing imc tables).

In fact, with MESSAGE imc commands is not possible to just allow rooms with members of same domain. In my case I've a multidomain OpenSer and want chat rooms, but for now I can't disallow user at domA creating a room with members of others local domains.

It would be nice if imc rooms and members could be managed via SQL by creating rooms and members for it and OpenSer to look into BD when imc_manager() is called. This is, for example, separate imc_manager() in two functions:

- imc_to_room(): A function to send the processing MESSAGE to existing rooms (in memory or DB). It doesn't manage #commands into MESSAGE body.

- imc_manage_chat(): A function that allow messages to manage rooms and members. It examines #commands into the MESSAGE body.

In this way, in my case I could just use imc_to_room() when uri=~something and manage rooms and members just via web.

Opinions?

Best regards.