[OpenSER-Devel] another tcp problem

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Oct 24 12:59:13 UTC 2007

a sip phone behind proxy x calls another sip phone behind proxy y.
domain of proxy y has naptr record where tcp has higher priority than
udp.  proxy x thus establishes tcp connection to proxy y and sends
invite to it.

debug at proxy x shows that core is opening a new tcp connection and
using tcp_send to send the invite to proxy y.  then debug shows nothing,
i.e., proxy x never gets back a 100 trying or 200 ok.  wireshark at
proxy x, on the other hand, shows that proxy y is sending 100 trying and
200 ok to proxy x.  it also shows that proxy x's tcp stack is
acknowledging both packets.

by some magic the sip replies thus disappear without a trace or error
message between tcp stack and openser process at proxy x.  both proxies
are running trunk version of openser.

please let me know if i should do some other tests or provide more
info.  is anybody else able to verify this problem or is it just me?

-- juha