[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1810879 ] Occasional SEGV in flatstore flat_db_insert

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Oct 20 20:50:24 CEST 2007

Bugs item #1810879, was opened at 2007-10-10 17:41
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by bogdan_iancu
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1810879&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The flat_db_insert function currently grabs the file handle from the db connection *before* performing file rotation.  This works most of the time because the underlying fopen() returns the same address in the FILE *.  Sometimes, however, the address changes. In that case, the file handle grabbed is invalid, and either the next record does not get written, or in some cases, it actually crashes the server.

Taking the FILE * after rotation cleared up a big headache for me in my 1.1.1 installation.  It still seems applicable in HEAD.  Attached is a patch against HEAD that does it.  I believe it fixes the problem described in:

http://openser.org/pipermail/devel/2006-August/003570.html