[OpenSER-Devel] trunk compilation warning

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Oct 18 16:17:38 CEST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i consider it confusing if tables hang around in the database that are
> not used by any of the modules that i'm using.
>
> it would be ok for me to list the installed tables in openserctlrc
> file.  the default could be all.

That would be fine as it will be a consistent unique list of tables that
are used by any operation on the database.
But the split with standard/extra/presence only complicates management.
The fact that you have to answer a question from the script and then also
add some HAS_EXTRA/HAS_PRESENCE variable to openserctlrc to help it deal
with it later, makes it confusing.

> regarding serweb, it would be better
> to have it in a separate package altogether.

I'm of the same mind. I have no idea why we define tables for another
application.

--
Dan