[OpenSER-Devel] need advice for avp lock

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Oct 18 10:09:05 CEST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007, Di-Shi Sun wrote:
> All,
>
> We met a race condition for accessing avp values. We use avps to store some
> info. Both 180 and 200 messages may trigger a logic to access the avp
> values. Sometimes they arrive at almost the same time. Would anyone please
> give us some advice on what lock mechanism we should use for it?

Hello Di-Shi,

i guess we observed the the same race condition here.. Sometimes the internal
avp list get corrupted, and then contains invalid data. After some time the
child dies with a SIG 11 in search_first_avp or other avp related functions.

Do you have the same problem?

The problem appears recently after we're starting to use more AVPs. As this
happens only sometimes, and only with high load, the problem is dificult to
debug. So any further hints are appreciated, too.