[OpenSER-Devel] trunk compilation warning

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Oct 17 16:47:50 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Dan Pascu wrote:
> There is a warning while generating the db schema:
>
> warning: failed to load external entity "extra.xml"
>
> This file is missing, yet still imported. Is this supposed to only be an
> example of how an extra file should be included? In that case can't the
> example be just included inside comments so the warning doesn't appear?

Hello Dan,

this is meant to be an extension point for the db schemas. E.g. you must only
copy a extra.xml file to db/schema, and its included. If the file is not
present, a non fatal (but misleading) warning  will be generated. This is
generated from xsltproc, a better message would be:

Notice: Optional entity "extra.xml" not included.

Sure, we could comment this out, but then people must patch the
openser-extensions.xml file. At the last time this issue was discussed we're
decided that this is also not optimal.

But if you can't live with this warning, we can comment this out, no problem.