[OpenSER-Devel] pua module - unsubscribe

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Mon Nov 12 09:37:46 UTC 2007

Hello,

It is not about retransmission there, but about the cases in which a
request is sent inside a dialog stored by pua but which is not
recognized by the client (the case of a client signing off and no
Subscribe with expires= 0 sent to pua to announce it that the dialog has
ended). The logics are like this: if someone asked me to send a request
(for publish it's the same) and I matched it with a stored dialog and it
failed, try again with an initial request. This is to ensure a a certain
reliability.
Therefore, in that case that you mentioned, when a second attempt is
made, it is no longer about an unsubscribe. The request sent will be an
fetching Subscribe(one with expires= 0)- I have made the changes to make
this case possible. However,even if an unsubscribe was desired, the
effects are the same, the dialog is already no longer valid, the pua
record is deleted, and a Notify is sent.

regards,
Anca Vamanu