[OpenSER-Devel] Memory leak

Bastian Friedrich bastian.friedrich at collax.com
Tue Nov 6 08:37:12 UTC 2007

Hi Mik,

On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Mik Cheez wrote:
> I've attached my script containing the function I use in onreply.  I had
> assumed this was a separate issue from the DBI issue I'm having when
> using stored procedures (which I've removed in favor of an update
> statement).

sorry for not replying any earlier.

I have tested a Perl function similar to yours in my openser configuration,
but without the Sybase reference; it did not open any memory leaks. Also,
your memory dump did not contain any references to a memory leak in the Perl
module.

I cannot comment on the DBI functions you use, though. Googling for DBI,
Sybase, "memory leak" results in quite a number of hits -- which may well
give hints on what is going wrong here. You might consider upgrading your
Perl and/or DBI::Sybase (and possibly other components).

Maybe anyone else has an idea what's going wrong here? Can you see a memory
leak in the mem dump at all?

Thx for your report anyway,
   Bastian

--
Collax GmbH . Burkheimer Straße 3 . 79111 Freiburg . Germany
p: +49 (0) 761-45684-24

Geschäftsführer: William K. Hite / Boris Nalbach
AG München HRB 158898 . Ust.-IdNr: DE 814464942
\ A day for firm decisions!!!!! Or is it?