[OpenSER-Devel] Announcement: devel.openser.org available

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Nov 5 14:54:58 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Christian Schlatter wrote:
> Henning Westerholt wrote:
> > On Wednesday 24 October 2007, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> >> Great! Thanks

> >> Is it possible to have a nicer gui - e.g. like on sourceforge?
> >
> > Hi Klaus!
> >
> > Sure, its possible. ;-) But i wanted to setup the firewall and backup
> > first.
> >
> > I'll take a look at whats available in debian, perhaps there exist a
> > package that is fairly stable and not to hard to configure..
>
> I'd recommend viewcvs which despite its name supports subversion:
> http://packages.debian.org/etch/viewcvs
>
> It is rather straight forward to configure, let me know if you need any
> help.

Hi Christian,

thank you for your offer. But viewcvs is exactly the tool that is offered by
sourceforge.net. So i don't think it make sense to duplicate this effort.

Providing a more sophisticated interface, e.g. 'trac' would make only sense if
we migrate also our bugtracking system to this server. Some time ago we
decided that we don't want to go this way for now, as sf.org provides a "good
enough" service in this area.

As a side note, i've added also i386 and amd64 daily testing builds for debian
sid to the build service.