[Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2310] trunk/db/schema/pr_xcap_xml.xml

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 30 09:32:53 CEST 2007

On Dienstag, 29. Mai 2007, you wrote:
>     42     <column>
>     43         <name>xcap</name>
>     44         <type>text</type>
>     45         <type db="postgres">bytea</type><!-- Bug 1684821 -->
>     46         <description>xcap</description>
>     47     </column>
>
> I think this is wrong. text should be fine. The problem is in the
> presentity table (body column).
>
> presnece module stores body as DB_BLOB - thus bytea escaping is
> performed. But when postgresql uses "text" for body column, the result
> column is DB_STRING and unescaping is not performed. Thus,
> presentity.body must be type bytea in postgresql.

Good morning Klaus,

ok, but why don't result this in errors for mysql too? And postgresql does
(String) escaping for STR and STRING.

> Thus, to have consistent DB schemes why not use BLOB in mysql and bytea
> in postgresql?

Fine for me. Does this works for xcap_xml too?

> We could also change the XML definition not to use SQL data types but
> openser data types, e.g.:
> [..]
> Then when generation the SQL files, the DB_BLOB is generated to the
> corresponding database data type.

I would like to stay with the current "database" datatypes, e.g. the variable
type "binary" is resolved to BLOB for mysql and bytea for postgresql.

By the way:
The postgresql SQL generation (in trunk) is still broken, i'm working on this.
I'll try to commit an improved version later today.