[Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2270] trunk/Makefile

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 25 14:08:43 CEST 2007

On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> >[..]
> > Should i revert the change and install the dbtext setup script by default
> > too? Then the dbtext files are also installed, there app. 170kb in size
> > on the disk.
>
> I think the best is to install those files in share directory, along
> with the documentation, or have a tool to create them. As in mysql case,
> the tool is shipped with the mysql module package, but the database is
> not created automatically.

I've commited a updated makefile that incoperate your suggestions. All db
related stuff (schemas and dbtext files) are installed in
the /usr/share/openser directory along with the "right" modules. I've created
a page on the wiki that describes all this in more detail:

http://www.openser.org/dokuwiki/doku.php/development:db-schema

> In a long term, since we have lot of modules, some not very used, we can
> split the main openser package and have kind of "openser-extra-modules".
> Modules like dbtext, flatstore, diversion, imc, options, mangler ... can
> be moved here.

Good idea.