[Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [2270] trunk/Makefile

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 23 13:36:48 CEST 2007

On Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> Hello Henning,
> > - add dbtext setup script to make modules-install-tools target in
> > Makefile - dbtext is not compiled and installed by default anymore like
> > other databases
>
> dbtext is compiled by default because does not depend on extra libraries
> than the ones required by the openser core. There is another sort of DB
> module, flatstore, used for extensive accounting.
>
> Is the dbtext setup script depending on some tools which are not
> required by default with openser?

Hi Daniel,

no, but this was not the reason for this change. I don't want to include the
dbtext database files into the default install, as they are needed from the
script.

I thought that it would make sense to handle dbtext as the other databases,
most people uses mysql anyway.

Should i revert the change and install the dbtext setup script by default too?
Then the dbtext files are also installed, there app. 170kb in size on the
disk.