[Devel] db schema status, questions

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon May 21 15:45:46 CEST 2007

Hello all,

during my work with the database schemas i've noticed and fixed some issues
with the current schema:

- addition of a version field to pdt table
- change uri: uri_user field length from 50 to 64 (standard user data length)
- change sip_trace: callid and :status from 254 to 255, and sip_trace:
  traced_user from 128 to 255 (standard hf and uri length)
- acc: sip_code from CHAR to VARCHAR changed (CHAR not available in the
  schema scripts atm)
- grp:grp group name from 50 to 64 increased (std id length)
- trusted:src_ip from 39 to 50 increased
- speeddial: new_uri from 192 to 255 increased, lname and fname from 128 to 64
  decreased (std user name length)
- usr_preferences: avp_val_len from 128 to 255 increased (to make this
  consistent to domainpolicy), :last_modified from TIMESTAMP to DATETIME
  changed (TIMESTAMP not available in schema scripts atm, DATETIME more safe
  in different mysql versions)
- subscriber: lname, fname and email fields to 64 increased
- presentity: domain from 124 to 128 increased
- xcap_xml: user from 66 to 64 decreased
- pua:watcher_uri and pres_user increased from 128 to 255 (std. URI length)

In my opinion it's more resonable to have some standard length for datatypes,
what do you think about this changes?

For the serweb tables i used only the given lengths, there should be no
changes except two CHAR to VARCHAR conversions.

At the moment the IDs for the tables are either signed or unsigned. Should i
change this to only one type?

I finished the schema definitions today, and began to working on the database
setup script. I hope that i can commit a first working version in the next
days, but first i want to do some tests and finish a little bit other work..